Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overcome/public_html/plugins/content/enbed_pdf/enbed_pdf.php on line 3
Welcome to the Overcoming Overeating Web Site and Online Community! We hope you will find the information presented here helpful in your journey towards freedom from dieting and body hatred. While registration for our site is not required in order to view the information, we do invite you to register if you would like to participate in our Forums, Mailing Lists, Instant Messaging, Live Chat, and other special features. Please be assured that the information you provide us during registration is not shared with anyone, and once you have registered, you will be able to control what appears on your Profile.
Feel free to "Comment" below the articles! We'd love to hear your thoughts and have you join in the discussion! If you have any questions about using this site, please contact our Site Administrator through the "Contact Us" button (see Top Menu, far right).
if you plan on ordering any item from Amazon, we would greatly appreciate it if you would use the links provided on our site as this will give us a small referral commission from Amazon which goes toward keeping our web site up and running. We have provided an Amazon Banner below for your convenience.
What do you think would happen if women stopped hating their bodies?!
- Learn to eat when, what, and how much our bodies need.
- Overcome our fear of not dieting.
- Look in the mirror and like what we see.
- Decode our fat talk to reveal our real concerns.
- Stop trying to measure up to society's ridiculous and impossible standards of female beauty.
- Learn to accept ourselves—our bodies as well as our feelings—unconditionally.
- Compulsive eaters are people whose hands or minds move toward food when they are not at all hungry. Compulsive eating has nothing to do with the size of your body. Compulsive eaters come in all shapes and sizes. Compulsive eating has to do with how many hours you spend preoccupied with thoughts about what you are eating and what you look like. The Overcoming Overeating (OO) approach does not address eating disorders; it addresses dieting disorders—the casualties of the diet industry.
The reissue of a classic in healthy living, with more than 300,000 copies sold! Diet/binge, good food/bad food, punishment/reward. These are the compulsive eater's nightmares—a long-time pattern of recrimination and guilt that ultimately leads to more overeating and more weight gain. In an updated edition, here is the ground-breaking, step-by-step plan that doesn't control eating habits but cures them instead, once and for all. Overcoming Overeating will show you how to: * Give up dieting forever * Eat from true stomach hunger instead of "mouth hunger" * Stop overeating and lose weight naturally * Move beyond a preoccupation with eating and weight in order to live a more satisfying life.
When Carol Munter and Jane Hirschmann published their groundbreaking book, Overcoming Overeating, women everywhere were just beginning to recognize the truth: diets don't work. In fact, diets turn us into compulsive eaters, driven to eat even when we are not hungry, spending our lives obsessed with food and weight. Yet, as all too many women also know, understanding that diets are counterproductive, and swearing them off forever, are two different matters entirely.
In this comprehensive parent-child guide to eating behaviors (from infancy through adolescence) the authors show parents how to put an end to the eating battles which confront them on a daily basis. This book will help parent and child put food back into its rightful place. Previously published as Are You Hungry? and Preventing Childhood Eating Problems (featured in McCalls, Parenting Magazine, Sesame Street Magazine, Newsweek, New York Times, CNN, The Oprah Show, and many other T.V. and radio shows), Kids, Carrots, and Candy has a new Introduction that addresses society's current obsession with the "obesity crisis," as well as updated language throughout the book.